Thursday, October 6, 2011

live laugh 'lova

The growth of the internet has made promoting businesses and organizations easier than ever before.

Zumba® Event December 2010
Photo Credit: Brian Esola


Last winter, I organized a Zumba® event to raise money for the African Empowerment Project to drill a well in Tanzania. We raised about $1,400! This year, I am determined to make the event bigger and better this coming Spring Semester (date soon to be determined).

Pavlova

On top of planning this event, another idea came to mind. While abroad, I was taught how to make a pavlova (traditional New Zealand dessert). This meringue shelled dessert is hard to resist by many, however it is not common in the states. I plan on changing that. By setting up a pavlova "business" selling mini pavlovas for $5 each and donating the money to the African Empowerment Project, we will get closer to drilling the well.



To learn more about the African Empowerment Project visit their official website: http://www.africanempowermentproject.org/

To read even more, follow the blog:
http://africanempowermentproject.blogspot.com/

What does this have to do with technology and media? The word has to get out somehow. Within the first 24 hours of having the idea posted on a Facebook status, I received a lot of support from people wanting to help bake, buy pavlovas, or donate ingredients.

Now the baking begins. To order a pavlova, post a comment on the "Order" page on http://livelaughlova.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment